How can I get hitched? – General Information On Engaged And Getting Married
Anyone can get hitched for as long the criteria are met by them in accordance with the Danish Act regarding the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
Whether you’re engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, elsewhere in Denmark or abroad, you have to fill in and now have an application authorized.
The first you are able to use is four months prior to the date you want to get hitched.
If you should be to obtain hitched in a new city than your city of residence, or in a church or other spiritual community, you have to make an application for a alleged „prшvelsesattest“. If you should be to obtain hitched abroad you need to make an application for an „жgteskabsattest“.
The applying form could be the regardless that is same of document you make an application for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law while the Aliens Act has brought impact on the 1 st of 2019 january. You can find out more relating to this and also the application procedure under „Application details“ below.
right Here you are able to find out about the alternative of a air that is open within the City of Copenhagen.
Right right Here you are able to learn about the alternative of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at a right time and put which you decide.
Read more in regards to the demands
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has had influence on the very first of January 2019.
The alteration implies that some applications for wedding will soon be prepared by a main nationwide product run by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications towards the main unit that is national couples where one or both events:
- aren’t Danish or citizens that are nordic
- would not have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- never paper writer website have acquired a residence that is permanent for Denmark based on EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen will still be doing marriage ceremonies.
You must deliver the job to your municipality in Denmark where you stand registered (bopжlskommune) if the two of you meet the after criteria:
- You might be Danish or citizens that are nordic
- You have got a residence that is permanent for Denmark
- You have got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
You can easily find out more about it on the site associated with State management by hitting this link.
It is possible to read more under „Documentation Requirements“ below.
You must fill in and send the notice of marriage form digitally if you are both registered as residents in Denmark, and have NemID.
Crucial: study “ the best place to Apply“ above, before giving the job.
Using the application you need to send the documentation that is following
- Scan of one’s passport or nationwide ID card if you should be perhaps perhaps not really a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of straight to permanent residency in Denmark based on the EU-rules, if you’re not really a Danish or Nordic citizen
- We might ask for a certificate of marital status from your previous countries of residence if you have lived in another country than Denmark within recent years
In case a document is released an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is perhaps not granted by a country that is nordic it should be submitted in 2 variations: the first, and an interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation must certanly be done with a translator that is certified.
If you’re a citizen in a Nordic nation you need to submit the next
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are given by Skatteverket, and needs to be no over the age of four months whenever they are sent by you to us.
- Scan associated with photo page of the legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is issued by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you send it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan associated with the photo web page of one’s valid passport
The prшvelsesattest must certanly be no more than four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Scan associated with image web page of one’s legitimate passport
- Marriage ceremonies can be executed in English, German or Danish
- We can’t guarantee you initially wish for, so please do not book travelling tickets until your wedding date has been confirmed by the Wedding Office that you will get married on the day
- Copenhagen City Hall will offer two witnesses however you are welcome to bring your very own. There is no need to tell us about it until instantly prior to the marriage service
- exact Same intercourse marriages may possibly not be recognised in other countries
- If you wish to have your wedding certification legalised, you will find information right here
- You are able to just improve your title if you should be registered being a resident in Denmark
- If you’ve been hitched abroad you can easily register your wedding in Denmark. You have to contact Folkeregisteret (people registration workplace) and suggest to them your wedding certification. You are able to read more and discover contact information for Folkeregisteret here (in Danish).
The marriage Office could be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.
Opening hours for individual attendance
To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday
Phone hours for basic questions
Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm
Contact number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including finding a right time for the marriage service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon